Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to drip feed a program on an Okuma VH40

RDEMIDON

I am trying to drip feed a large program from a laptop to an Okuma VH40 with an OSP-U100M-H control. Can anyone help me to get the machine to drip feed? Thanks.

if the program fit in the MD1 and you can't load it in auto mode, try to load it in B-MTD ( the setting is in thr upper right in the program selection page) , this way the OSP will read directly the G-code in the memory instead of creating a copy and run it , you will simply loose the ability to edit the program on the control

on our U100e machines , i can run up to 512kb in B-mtd and only 62kb in A-mtd

The machines B-mtd memory is only 128K and the program is 264K. So it won't even fit into the main memory.

so the only way to get it to work is to split the program or reprogramming the part to get the G-code under 128Kb

by playing with the toolpath filter option you can considerably cut the program length