Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

setting precision of XYZIJ output in the mpmaster.pst

I can't get the mpmasters.pst to output arcs with 5 decimals of precision. I have changed the format statement for 5 places like so.

fs2 2 0.5 0.4 #Decimal, absolute, 5/4 place

fs2 3 0.5 0.4d #Decimal, delta, 5/4 place

The linear moves output 5 places but the arc move's XYIJ still output at 4 places.

rod

If you are using delta start to center as your arc output type (as set in the control def), is it possible that the IJK values for the arcs are just round numbers that don't need 5 decimal points?

If you want to always have 5 decimal points output, you would need to add a "t" at the end of the format statement to force out the 5 decimal places:

fs2 2 0.5 0.4t #Decimal, absolute, 5/4 place
fs2 3 0.5 0.4td #Decimal, delta, 5/4 place

This would output I0.25 as I0.25000.

The other thing that could be happening would be setting the format in the code. By default in the parc post block the iout, jout and kout variables are set to format statement 2 or 3, but someone could have changed that on you. Also make sure that iout, jout and kout are in fact set to 2 or 3 in the post.

If you are using delta start to center as your arc output type (as set in the control def), is it possible that the IJK values for the arcs are just round numbers that don't need 5 decimal points?

If you want to always have 5 decimal points output, you would need to add a "t" at the end of the format statement to force out the 5 decimal places:

fs2 2 0.5 0.4t #Decimal, absolute, 5/4 place
fs2 3 0.5 0.4td #Decimal, delta, 5/4 place

This would output I0.25 as I0.25000.

The other thing that could be happening would be setting the format in the code. By default in the parc post block the iout, jout and kout variables are set to format statement 2 or 3, but someone could have changed that on you. Also make sure that iout, jout and kout are in fact set to 2 or 3 in the post.

fmt X 2 xabs #X position output

fmt Y 2 yabs #Y position output

fmt Z 2 zabs #Z position output

fmt X 3 xinc #X position output

fmt Y 3 yinc #Y position output

fmt Z 3 zinc #Z position output

fmt I 3 iout #Arc center description in X

fmt J 3 jout #Arc center description in Y

fmt K 3 kout #Arc center description in Z

When I put a "t" at the of the format statement, it does output 5 decimal places, but the values are still rounded-off in the G02/G03 output

I attached the MCX-5 file I'm posting from. I couldn't attach the mpmaster.pst file but I downloaded it from this forum.

thanks for the help,

rod

500 HL.MCX-5

Check the NC Precision setting in your control definition. This controls the precision at which arc error checking routines (among other things) are performed and will subsequently affect output. If your setting is .0001 you will not see five place output in arcs in your NC code.

That was it!

Thank you

rod