Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help loading another post in X5

honeybunches

I received a post that I am trying to load into X5. I have went through all the typical steps of previous versions by adding the mmd and control file in "cnc machines" and adding the pst file in "mill/posts". If open the default mill post for paths, I can go and "replace" with the new post but when just selecting a machine from the machine/mill list, it is not showing up in the file list.

Also, X5 did an "update" on the post since it was from a previous version. It created a mod sheet in the post directory. X5 will post what looks to be correct for what little I tested, but does come up with a "post error" every time it posts. I am wondering how I can figure out what the error is? The window does as if I want to see what the errors are but the screen never opens with an error list.

It "sounds" like these files are not updated for X5 properly.

Once they are updated they should look like

machine def.mmd-5

control def.control-5

and the update log will present the location in the file to find the issue, not necessarily the issue itself unless you happen to be versant in posts, then you might have an idea what you're looking at before you open the file.

If they are only .mmd and .control they do not show as they are not updated

I have it up and running. I thought there were issues but seems to post fine. I confirmed with a friend usually a totally different post that they get the "error when posting" message every time but never had an issues and posts out fine. They too have moved their post up through several revisions. I think there must be some added stuff in X5 that is not in the post? Extra variables that are not defined? I will have to try and work through the update file to see but I ran several tools on a test and all seems fine.