Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Add G45 to C-axis paths

I am using mastercam X6 mpmaster post. my C-axis paths need to have an m05 and m45 in them. the first c-axis path i post has the m45 but none of the others. Where would i add this in?

I also need to get rid of the w0. that posts in all of my canned cycles and get the canned cycle to output a reference point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like the M45 is being treated as modal.

Use the debugger to see where the first M45 is coming from then force it to output everytime by putting an astrick in front of the outputting variable, you might have to dig a bit if it is coming from a postblock call.

And also with the debugger, find the variable that spits out the W0 & delete it. (A safer way if you may have use for it in the future is to comment out the whole line, then copy the line directly below the one you just commented out & change the newly copied line, this way you still have the original code right there.)

it looks like the m45 is coming from the sm23 in this block. it already has the astrisk...

pcaxis_on_m #Toolchange C axis enable, mill, check prv_ to current

if (rc1 = two | prv_posttype$ = two | spindle_no$ <> last_spindle_no),

[

if synch_flg, pbld, n$, *sm23, *sm223, e$

else,

[

if spindle_no$ = 0, pbld, n$, *sm23, e$

else, pbld, n$, *sm223, e$

]

#if nextdc$ = three, pbld, n$, "M49", e$ #Disable tap

]

it looks like the m45 is coming from the sm23 in this block. it already has the astrisk...

pcaxis_on_m #Toolchange C axis enable, mill, check prv_ to current

if (rc1 = two | prv_posttype$ = two | spindle_no$ <> last_spindle_no),

[

else,

[

else, pbld, n$, *sm223, e$

]

#if nextdc$ = three, pbld, n$, "M49", e$ #Disable tap

]

Bingo... read the commented out section of the first line there.... (check prv_ to current)

If the previous value of spindle_no$ <> last_spindle_no, then proceed into this postblock. Since your running the same value of spindle_no$, it doesn't go back into that postblock.... try changing it to this...

pcaxis_on_m 	#Toolchange C axis enable, mill, check prv_ to current
     #if  (rc1 = two | prv_posttype$ = two | spindle_no$ <> last_spindle_no),     		original for referance
     if  rc1 = two | prv_posttype$ = two,                                                           		# modified to force M45
       [
       else,
         [
         else, pbld, n$,  *sm223, e$
         ]
       #if nextdc$ = three, pbld, n$, "M49", e$  #Disable tap
       ]

Not sure buy you may need to keep the ( )

i.e.

if (rc1 = two | prv_posttype$ = two), # modified to force M45

Ok, put this right above the line I had you comment out and label original for reference

pbld, *spindle_no$, " 88888888888888888888888", e$

(the 8's just make it easy to see and the space between the first " & the beginning of the 8's will seperate the value of spindle_no$)

Then post the program and make note of the value of spindle_no$

Then replace the line with the 8's with

if spindle_no$ = 1 & (spindle_no$ <> last_spindle_no),

[

*sm23

]

(assuming the first op (the one that used to have the M45 but doesn't now) spits out a value of 1. If it spits out something else, just replace my 1 with whatever it spits out)