Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

CMS Poseidon 20' x 20' 5 axis router

I am trying to refine the post for our new CMS router and need to add a safe retract move between 4 flowline 5 axis surface moves so I can explain this to the Post processor company or just add it in myself. Could anyone show me a sample of a safe Z retract in NC blocks lines between moves . I would really appreciate it. The Post Processor said they did this but I do not see any code representing a Z height straight up before rotating head.

I am trying to refine the post for our new CMS router and need to add a safe retract move between 4 flowline 5 axis surface moves so I can explain this to the Post processor company or just add it in myself. Could anyone show me a sample of a safe Z retract in NC blocks lines between moves . I would really appreciate it. The Post Processor said they did this but I do not see any code representing a Z height straight up before rotating head.

Have you enabled the Retract box on the operation tree ?

Have you enabled the Retract box on the operation tree ?

In multiaxis the retract and feed plane allow for safe approach and exit from hardware. Clearence height does not work as it would in 2d and 3d. You would think it would. So on my previous machine, the post was written by Postability. He added something in the post for Safe Z retract allowing a dialog box to come up when posting a toolpath in both multiaxis and 2d 3d. Tried to tell a different post company "Icam" what was needed but they did not add it in or did not understand. I was looking for a way to write it in myself, test it, and send to Icam. Both machines run Fanuc but 1998 tech verses 2012 technology.