Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Disappearing Geometry

I'm using MCX5. Every now and then when I use xform project and xform offset instead of projecting or offsetting my geometry the geometry just disapears. Undo will not bring the geometry back so I have to create it all over again. I normally simplify my geometry before I try to project of offset it so I am working with arcs and lines instead of splines. I know the geometry is being deleted because the number of entities decreases on my level manager. I know I'm in the correct construction plane when this is happening so I think it is some sort of bug. Is anyone else experiencing this issue.

Thanks

John,

I'm using MU1. As soon as I get my computer updated to windows 7 I'll be switching to X6 64bit. Hopefully this issue will go away. It's annoying when I create geometry and then it gets deleted when all I'm trying to do is project it. Then I have to go back, recreate the geometry, and use xform translate to position it where I want in space. The difference is with translate I have to analyze the distance first to know how far I have to tranlate the geometry. With xform project I simply right click and select z coordinate of a point. Then I can snap onto an entitiy at the desired z level and the geometry is moved to that z level. I never had this issue in any of the previous mastercam realeases.

I've not seen this either, I use project a fair bit too.

SO I am kind of at a loss as to what's happening, I've just never seen it "lose" geometry like that