Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Copy and rename a post

I am new and am looking forward to learning more about post processors. I have two HAAS mills. One has thru-tool collant and a 10000rpm spindle. The other has a 15000rpm spindle with no thur-tool collant. I am using the same post for the two machines. I would like to have a different post for each machine due to the differencs in spindle and collant options. Is there a way I can copy and rename the CONTROL-6, MastercamX6 MMD, and the PST files so I can have two different posts and tweek some of the settings to make them machine specific?

I am new and am looking forward to learning more about post processors. I have two HAAS mills. One has thru-tool collant and a 10000rpm spindle. The other has a 15000rpm spindle with no thur-tool collant. I am using the same post for the two machines. I would like to have a different post for each machine due to the differencs in spindle and collant options. Is there a way I can copy and rename the CONTROL-6, MastercamX6 MMD, and the PST files so I can have two different posts and tweek some of the settings to make them machine specific?

I do this all the time. The best method I have found:

1. create a copy of, and rename the "pst" (and "psb" if there is one) using windows explorer or similar.

2. rename the mmd-6 and control-6 using mastercam:

- after creating your copied renamed "pst" file go into mastercam settings menu -> machine definition manager.

- load up the machine definition you want to rename

- "save as" this machine definition as the new name

- from the machine definition manager dialog box, click the edit the control definition icon.

- once in the control definition, hit the "save as" button, and save as the new name.

- under the post processors button, add the newly named post into the list, and remove any old posts from the list

- at this point if you hit save on the control def manager you should see a green check mark beside the post processor path for the new post.

- last important step, you need to import all settings from the old control def:

*select any of the control def settings on the left side.

*right click over top of the settings on the right and select import -> all pages

*select the original named control def, and the original named post to pull settings from

*save the control def

Everything should then be renamed and you should be good to go. Long process I know! If in doubt contact your mastercam reseller.

M30

Or use the MD_CD_PST Rename AddOn available here -> Mastercam-Support-Downloads

Scroll down until to see the Add-Ons section and be sure the download the package with the proper (32/64) "bit-ness".

*Of course, first make sure you have a backups of your original Machine/Control/Post files!

Hi Roger,

That's great that the c-hook is again available. I think it was unavailable for a version or two but I'm glad its back. It will make my job easier.

M30