Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

solids loft cut body not working

cell13

I have completed mill 1 and mill 3 tutorials, am on solid #5. Chaining elipses (create body) only worked when chaining bottom clockwise and chaining top counterclockwise!

I have tried all the options I can think of while chaining the rectangles to cut body, but all i get is PK error code 999 - geometry fails to pass checks. I have triied closing mastercam down & reloading file - not working. I have opened new file and only created the elipses and rectangles, still no joy. What the heck am I doing wrong?

I am using X6 mill level 3 w/solids. The tutorials are in house solutions X6. Mill levels 1 & 3 means I have completed the entire book. The issue was with solids book tutorial #5.

I was able to finally complete the cut, but to do so I had to chain in opposite directions and on different sides of rectangles. On top chain I chained clockwise from top line, on bottom chain I chained counterclockwise from left line. The instructions say to chain both clockwise from the same side. Do I have some paramaters set wrong?

Ok, I have the same book. It's the thing that looks like a tape dispenser. This worked fine for me using the splines. Be sure to select your chains in the same general area, lets say both ellipses in the upper left quadrant, inside, chains going the same direction. Both ellipses in the lower right quadrant, outside, chains going the same direction. Any area will work as long as both chains are selected in the same fashion.

Oops, wrong entities. give me a few, I'll do the cut.

Chaining the rectangles in the same fashion as above and selecting cut from the options menu worked fine here.

Tape dispenser, that's the one.

I tried to to do it by the book again. Started from scratch with new geometry. I still cannot get it to create the loft body or cut chaining the same direction. I tried clockwise and

counter clockwise, from the same relative point and from opposite sides, tried chaining bottom line first and top line first. No luck. But as soon as i chain opposite directions

it works. Both the body and the cut.

Every else works just like it should, just not the lofts.

What am I doing wrong?

Sharp as a marble here, checked settings>configuration>chaining. Reverse inner chains was checked, turned it off and everything works fine.