Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NETHook works in X5 but not X6

My project database NetHook works great in X5 but I get the following error in X6.

"The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine." So I installed the "fix" for this... http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255 but this didn't work. This fix DID work for the X5 version on a machine that did not have Access loaded.

Do I need to change something in the code settings for X6 and/or X7? Is the NetHook2_0.dll different in X6?

Thanks,

-Pat

I think you just answered my question with your questions but due to my ignorance on many levels.... I have 15.0.4.3 installed. Is that 64-bit?

Based on your questions, I evidently need an X6 version of my application? What do I do to upgrade an X5 solution to an X6?

A "version #" (15.0.4.3) does not tell us 32 or 64-bit.

There are a couple ways to determine if your X6 is 32 or 64-bit

The easiest is to ->

Start X6

Main menu, setting, Zip2Go utility

Click the "Create ZIp2Go " button.

Now (double click to) open the Zip2Go_SystemReport.txt file

Look at the top of this report and it'll tell you 32 or 64-bit -->

Zip2Go_SystemReport.TXT (6/28/2013 5:30:35 PM)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601)

Service Pack 1

64-bit

Memory: 8310960 KB

Language: 1033

To update your NETHook.

Load your project into Visual Studio (We use Visual Studio 2010 for X6 and X7).

You can use the free 'Express' versions of Visual Studio for building NETHooks (but not CHooks).

Under your project's References, find and remove the reference to (the old) NETHook2_0.DLL

Now add a reference to the NETHook2_0.DLL that is in the \mcamx6 folder.

If you have a VB.NET project -

Visual Studio will most likely complain at this point that the version of the .NET Framework referenced in your project needs to be updated.

Make note of how it tells you do do this and then click Yes to continue.

Change the Target framework in your project to .NET Framewwork 4

If you have a C# project -

Visual Studio will not complain and all will look fine until you attempt to build the project, then you'll get a bunch of Errors.

Go into the Properties of your project and on the Application tab page -

Change the Target framework setting in your project to .NET Framework 4

Now it should build without errors (at least as Mastercam is concerned).

If your project has other references those may also need to be updated.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so with much trial and tribulation I finally found that my error message was from the Platform setting. Has to be x86 for the DB error to go away.

So now I have my test project (VS project that runs without Mastercam) working fine for my X6 version. However, when I try to call it up in Mastercam I get Unknown File Type - Open Error. I changed the Framework as you described above for both projects.

I'm going to keep trying but if you think of something that would cause this... oh and I also do not see my Icon in X6 even though the function table file is there. Is there something I need to update for the .ft file for X6?

Thanks for all the help!

-Pat

Well that was painful.

The system I used for testing had Windows 7 64-bit, Mastercam X6 64-bit, and MS Office 32-bit. All was well until I tried to get my MS Access DB NETHook to run. I had to uninstall the 32-bit MS Office and 2007 Compatibility Pack and install the 64-bit version of Access DB Engine Redistributable. Now all is happy with the Platform set to Any CPU.

My next step is to test the 64-bit OS with 32-bit X6 & the 32-bit Office. Doubt it will work but want to know.