Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bar puller

cell13

I am trying to post a program with bar puller. But not getting correct code. If I take an old program with good bar puller code - delete all operations and geometry, re name file,

re-create geometry and toolpaths and run post I will get good code. I have checked file settings and as far as I can tell I am using the same files for both programs.

On converted program I do not add a bar puller operation, I just do a cutoff ooperation and it posts ok. On new program when I try to add a bar pull operation I get a

warning "Current post-processor does not support toolpaths generated by this function."

I would ask the programmer who made the original program (ya think?) but he is no longer here, so I have to work this out by myself.

Is there a different post he has hidden somewhere? Probably not, I just haven't the experience with lathes that I should have.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks (I an only an egg)

• 2 weeks later...

What Machine? They all like something different.

To keep it simple, this is what I do.

Go to manual entry.

write a bar puller pgm by itself. (one that works).

Save as a file. Look at the bottom of the manual entry box.

Now every time you need it, add the file to the pgm and hand edit the x and z positions as needed. ( you can do that at the machine if needed)

Machineguy

Thanks Machineguy,

Machine is a Haas ST30Y.

I found it in Lathe Cutoff - Toolpath Parameters - Misc. Values, turn off auto set to post values, turn on add bar pull to partoff and turn on parts catcher(Integers), Add distance, Z position and feed rates (Reals).

So easy I couldn't see it.