Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hitachi Seiki Lathe Turret Problem

My lathe has decided to act up and I don't even know where to start to fix it. I can reset it but can't find what is causing the problem in the first place. Here are the problems.

I have a 12 station turret that spins on a 5 count between stations. On the third count a signal is supposed to be sent to start the deceleration of the turret rotating so that on the 5 count. It will index properly and the pin will lock it into position. Well if I index any more then 2 positions at a time the signal to slow down is being missed causing the tool to miss index and lock out the machine. So I can reset that which is in the back of the turret. But now that I can reset that my OD turning tools that point down the Z axis can't make it to the center of the spindle and I know my offset is correct because if I send it to a X position and measure the location of the tool to the centerline of the spindle it is good. Checked all my limit switches they are all functioning. Checked all my proximity switches and they all light when they are supposed to but for some effin reason both the problems above keep happening.

Any ideas?

I should add that in the 6T its impossible to display the ladder on the screen to see where it is getting stuck in the orientation. I have read up online about this EPROM reader I should be able to hook into my rs-232 but from what I see it will only record and print out my ladder diagram as opposed to being a physical ladder I can use to chase my relays and timers. Finding information for a control that is 10 years older then the internet is PITA