Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing operations and coolant page issues

goldhntr

For many years now I have been building and using a fairly extensive library of operations that I would apply to new parts as needed. I was storing these operations in a separate operations library located in the same folder as the default ops libraries. I had turned on the Assign tool numbers Sequentially found in the tool settings tab and this would cause the tools associated with the imported operations to start at tool number 1 and increase sequentially as I added ops that used different tools. This was working really well. The only things that I would have to change would typically be the Z value and entry and exit parameters.

Now it uses the tool number that is associated with in the operation in the library. I can’t seem to change that. I get around that by using the Renumber tools function that is part of the drop down menu of the Operation manager. This sort of works. The tools get renumbered, but only on the first tab of the Define tool page. The Parameters page has Dia. offset number and the Length offset number set to Zero. You can get them to match up but you have change these numbers manually or toggle the first page away from and back to the tool number you want.

I have the “Add to tool” parameter checked in the tool page of the Control definition. The length and Diameter value set to zero. This seems to allow me to change the tool numbers.

The coolant is a whole different issue. It seems that the Define tool coolant parameter reverts back the X6 method when the tools are imported with the operations from my operations library. I finally settled on an approach where I go into the define tool window and turn on the coolant in the parameters tab of each tool that was imported with each operation.

I have tried rebuilding the library using tools created in the X7 of “mill_inch.tooldb”. I would drag tools from the “mill_inch.tooldb” into the machine group that was using. They would feature the new and improved coolant page with the new before, with, and after option with coolant on. I would change the tool to reflect what I need for my machine. Then export them to the new library that I was trying create. When I would import them into a different part the coolant would revert back the X6 method and the coolant would be OFF!

I currently have unchecked the two check boxes in the Coolant command tab of the General Machine Parameters window of my Machine definition file. This seems to help keep the coolant page of the tool and the operation set to the X7 view.

I would like to restore the method that I had before if at all possible. Any ideas?

Hi Mike,

I was able to duplicate the sequential tool numbering issue. I logged it as D-08687. I also generated a request for it to be considered for the next X7 update (R-01757). I'll follow up on the status of that with you once we go through the process of evaluating requests again.

I haven't tried the coolant issue yet but will take a stab at that today and let you know what I find.

• 3 months later...