Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dlc 800 kurt vise

we just bought two new kurt vises dlc800 models. in order to hold them to the table I have to clamp them down with hold downs. while this works I find the hold down clamps get in the way of my parallels I use on the outsides of the vise to set my work piece on. I have them clamped in the recommended areas of the vise and I can always move the hold downs accordingly but I was just looking for other suggestions that are possible for these vises don't have the tabs sticking out on them that you clamp them to the table with. there really mean to be mounted permanently to the table but that's not an option in this machine. they get used for a few work pieces them pulled until needed again. just looking for more efficient ways of holding them and quick mounting without the hold downs being in the way on the out side of the vises.. thank in advance..

A few ideas come to mind. Rotate the vice 90 degrees and use the end slots to clamp, or, make a small sub-plate that the vice can be bolted to and then counterbore the sub-plate so that the machine screws do not interfere with your set-up, or, we have an electromagnet permanently mounted to the table that the vice can be placed on and then the magnet activated. Its a little high, but still, very strong.

Carmen