Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Watchdog, spindle orientation problems

Hi guys,

I need a little help with our masterbevel machine. I have a few problems on it so I will try to explain one by one :)

1. When I do after the startup the zeroing, the machine makes it without problem. But not always. Sometimes I get on the last axis which is zeroed (X) a "watchdog" error. Dont know why. Its a programming problem somewhere? Can someone point me out what and where to change?

2. If the machine zeroes without problem and I try to load a tool (M6T3 etc) the machine start to move to the carriage, the A and B axises start to get to the position where the pins should clamp inside but they dont. The machine stops and tells me pin on axis not inserted. I have found in machine data the A and B values during the tool change. The values is the same like the value of the origin. These values where set by the manufacturer but the pins are not fitting in. There is maybe a few MM difference. I have moved in jog the B axis a little and I clamped the pins then manually without problem. But automatically the machine is not able to find the good position. How should I adjust it?

3. When I clamped the pins the machine moved towards the tool carriage again but stopped above the tool and giving me spindle orientation error. I have put M19 for spindle orientation but nothing happened. I tried also M19S90 maybe it will move by the angle but nothing.

I hope somebody can help me out with these problems because I am stuck here. I am sure its programming problem but because the manufacturers tech support is not willing to help me I am alone in this one.

Thanks in advance

If you are trying to use Mastercam with this machine you truly will be alone as AGM only supports their "stone cam" program. I ended up having to write my own post processor and never did get the polishing sequences totally correct, I had to merge polishing programs written in stone cam.

The watchdog error frankly could be anything, if Pete is still at AGM he should be able to give you some pointers. I programmed for 4 masterstones, and had one that "watchdogged" out on me, ended up being an encoder. Another one kept on giving errors and it was a loose connector inside the control cabinet.

The problem is that the intermac/biesse support technicians are not willing to help me. I dont have any software problem with the machine. CAM/CAD software is working and you can make programs there. Only the machine has some issues but the support stop replying to me and instead of helping they want me to pay their technician to come and fix the machine. Thats why I am looking for answers somewhere else coz I know these are some common errors not something what only a technician from intermac could fix.