Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Manager locking up entire MasterCam Application

Im using MasterCam X7, 64 bit, Windows 7 64bit, Visual Studio 10, .Net FrameWork 4, NetHook3_0

if I have a simple form open in my nethook, the entire application freezes if I create a new tool.

To reproduce the problem:

1) Create a new nethook using the supplied template.

2) add a new form to the application. leave all the default settings for the form in place

3) In the default NetHook Namespace, in the Mastercam RUN function (Public Overrides Function Run(ByVal param As Integer) As MCamReturn)

launch your form:

Dim MyForm as new Form1

MyForm.show

4) Run your Nethook, and load a Mastercam file with toolpaths (no matter what order)

5) Launch ToolManager, and create a new tool - the defaults are fine (Click "Next", click "Finish")

Once you close the Create New Tool window, Mastercam freezes.

Is this reproducible on newer versions of Visual Studio ? And if so, is there a workaround ?

I was not able to reproduced this.

I ran this the in this environment ->

MasterCam X7-MU2 (64 bit), Windows 7 64bit, Visual Studio 2010, .Net FrameWork v4, NetHook3_0

1. Start Mastercam
  2. Launch a NETHook that contains a modeless dialog and displays that dialog when it's Run.
  3. Load a (mill) part file containing toolpaths.
  4. Start Tool Manager.
  5. Select a Tool Database.
  6. Create a new (default) EndMill tool.

Mastercam still running OK.

And to test another possible execution path...

I then completely close the ToolManager app, and Mastercam is still fine.

I can create geometry and I can also interact with the NETHook's modeless dialog.

While possible, I would doubt that using VS-2012 or 2013 would make any difference.

If I could reproduce this using 2010, I could try 2012 and 2013 as I have them all.

That's one reason why I 'm running out of disk space ;(

I just loaded 2013, and tried it again - both debug, and release; both x64 and AnyCPU. Results still the same - locks up once the 'Create new Tool" dialog is closed, toolmanager is frozen, Mcx is 'white'. (After first tool creation). If I load the nethook after i have made one tool, it works fine.-