Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Using Fanuc style G53 on a Haas

Currently right now all our work offsets on our VMC are taken from distance above the vise ways to where machine Z0. is set for the part.  To do this though we are taking the known distance from spindle to vise ways (Z- distance) and adding our fixture and part thickness to where we program our Z zero. ( 3 calculations and end up with a Z- value for our offset Z value) What I would like is to use world shift (G53 offset EXT 00 on fanuc) to put the known height machine home to the vise way we use as our reference. So now all of our Z co ordinate offsets would be a positive value and will pick up the shift. When I use G52 right now it does what I want but everytime the machine reads a M30 it resets the preset values in that offset. 

You can run the G52 in your program. Make sure you cancel it before each M1 and recall it again after, and cancel before your M30. Once hard lined in your program M30 will no longer reset the preset values in your offset.

Ya but all my machines are different sizes which would cause to many issues with loading a part programmed for my VF2 onto my VF4.  Was wondering if there is a way to do this at the control (possibly a parameter to keep it from resetting) or if it was possible to set it with G92.  I am looking online for more info about G92 but it is telling me from what I have read that it can play havoc on machine home zeros.