Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cancelling G54.2

JMahon

Does anyone know the parameter for a Mazak VCU that makes the machine NOT make an incremental move when cancelling dynamic comp?

I saw a thread where someone was talking about cancelling this move when turning it on, but I want cancel the move when turning it off...

The Mazak parameter book is like reading Swahili to me.  Sometimes if I read it 60 times it might sink in.

I just found it in the programming manual, not the parameter manual.  Its f168.

Now im having trouble with odd rapid moves when indexing.

Its almost moving like g43.4 is on...

It causes soft limits sometimes.

I think my post isn't setup just right for dynamic comp....

Going back to good old center of rotation until I get more time to figure this out.

We cancel like this:

G53 Z0. H00
G54.2 P0 X#5041 Y#5042 Z#5043

The variables are for the current work coordinate position. So if G54 is active as your center of rotation, you are basically telling it to go where it  already is in G54. We have older controls without the parameter to turn off that movement, so to make it consistent we've done this. Haven't worked out how to prevent the movement when turning it on though. It seems to want actual movement to calculate the vector so a simple X/Y position move results in some unwanted Z movement when changing A/C positions. I would love to get around this. 
Guest MTB Technical Services

We cancel like this:

G53 Z0. H00
G54.2 P0 X#5041 Y#5042 Z#5043

The variables are for the current work coordinate position. So if G54 is active as your center of rotation, you are basically telling it to go where it  already is in G54. We have older controls without the parameter to turn off that movement, so to make it consistent we've done this. Haven't worked out how to prevent the movement when turning it on though. It seems to want actual movement to calculate the vector so a simple X/Y position move results in some unwanted Z movement when changing A/C positions. I would love to get around this. 

On a FANUC it's parameters #5002.2, #5002.4 .

You can set both to no movement.

You need this for cancelling TCP with G49 and keeping the machine from moving.

Changing the parameters updates the coordinate display.

On a FANUC it's parameters #5002.2, #5002.4 .

You can set both to no movement.

You need this for cancelling TCP with G49 and keeping the machine from moving.

Changing the parameters updates the coordinate display.

Our MAM with a 30i control requires no movement (or at least the parameters were pre-set that way) when cancelling G54.2. 

The Mazak manual does describe this movement and the need to calculate the vector on the first move after activating G54.2. 

G43.4 is not available for use with G54.2 (it will work with G54.4 though) on a Mazak, so that is not an issue, but it does have a parameter for the movement of G43.4 when cancelling on G49. That can be turned off. Set parameter 162.0 to 1 so that G49 will do no movement of the TCP length compensation cancel.

However the original question was about G54.2.

I just found it in the programming manual, not the parameter manual.  Its f168.

Now im having trouble with odd rapid moves when indexing.

Its almost moving like g43.4 is on...

It causes soft limits sometimes.

I think my post isn't setup just right for dynamic comp....

Going back to good old center of rotation until I get more time to figure this out.

I looked up parameter F168 and didn't see anything about dynamic offset. But my manual is for a variaxis so that may be the difference, though I've found them to be consistent on our pool of machines/controls. What bit # did you change?

I believe bit 0. I'll look it up at work tomorrow.

Someone now told me that you still program to center of rotation. So when you setup and probe the difference, you have small numbers in g54.2

I was programming to a part datum and had large numbers in x and z for g54.2, hence the weird movement when indexing...?

I believe bit 0. I'll look it up at work tomorrow.

Someone now told me that you still program to center of rotation. So when you setup and probe the difference, you have small numbers in g54.2

I was programming to a part datum and had large numbers in x and z for g54.2, hence the weird movement when indexing...?

Yes, you CAN still program to center of rotation, but it is really handy not to. The book shows part zero's being far from the COR, so the intent of still programming to COR seems murky at best. Like I said, our MAM requires none of this movement. You turn it on and it just knows where it is. I see no reason why this couldn't be so on the Mazak if the software guys wanted it to be, but they may have their reasons for all I know. If I want to re-post from our Mazak to our Mam, I don't want to change my part origin. That's why we use Dynamic offset at part zero.

Bit 0 is not in our book, probably because it's a variaxis. Can't help you any more there.