Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Deep pocket milling with ramp

Slixmix

I am trying to pocket out a Ø19.5 x 12.00 deep pocket. I am using more than one tool ranging from short to long. My question is how do you program the tool to ramp down in Z without lifting off the pocket? Can a path be programmed to continously pocket out the cavity without leaving the cut? Hope to get some input. Using mcam 8.1

Try turning off Clearance and Retract Planes, then set your Feed Plane to Incremental 0. In depth cuts, keep tool down. If you are ramping or helixing in set your Z clearance to 0 (I wouldn't do this as the machine will rapid your tool right to the 0 of the first cut) it will keep you tool down in the pocket. I would try this with and without a finish boundary cut to see what the difference is.

Ambassador