Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM x9 Network Deployment.

stanektool

We have about 20 PCs running MasterCAM in our shop.  Instead of having to locally install every machine I'd like to deploy over the network.  Does MasterCAM have a network deployment pathway?

Also, we'd like to create a network location for all config, keymap and post files.  I understand those files won't be available during a network outage, but we're willing to take that chance.  Not to mention if there's a network outage, there's no NetHASP.   So network outages aside, has anyone been successful storing these files on the network instead of locally?  Or maybe restore default versions from the network automatically during login?

-Craig

• Like 1

Unless something has recently changed, no, no network deployment...

As far as sharing, posts sure, everything else will be FAR more of a headache than it's worth.

For myself, I will never again have a config shared across a network.

My config is so far from default if you wanted to slow me down, just lock me onto a config that's default....thanks been down that road and spit the bit so to speak

Unless something has recently changed, no, no network deployment...

As far as sharing, posts sure, everything else will be FAR more of a headache than it's worth.

For myself, I will never again have a config shared across a network.

My config is so far from default if you wanted to slow me down, just lock me onto a config that's default....thanks been down that road and spit the bit so to speak

How do you manage multiple machines?  i.e. Let's say you can access mastercam from 10 different computers on a network that prohibits roaming profiles.  How do you easily move your config to all 10 computers after you've made a change?  How are you assured that each computer has the latest config?

• Like 1