Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

N#=T# IN POST?

rottncf

Why not just search for T1 or G56 or H3 or D17 instead of having to mentally or physically associate an N value with a T value??

What if you're running the same tool 3 different times in the program? Will it have the same N number? How will you know which one to use? How will you know if you're at the one at the END of the program or the one in the MIDDLE of the program? What if the program is 3 megs, with 50,000 lines and your tool runs 14 times and you need to get to the 7th run? (Yeah, I know, but it could happen..)

I'm just trying to show you that you're really limiting yourself, especially when things get complicated in your programs, (which they usually do.)

At any rate, there's prolly a few ways to do it, via format statements, or by using hard coded logic to test the value of T and manually assign an N to match it, etc. etc.

'Rekd

[ 12-11-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Rekd ]

Sir

In my Okumas we do not use line numbers at all so what we've done is add an Nxx line before every tool for restarting purposes. I added a variable 'oper_num' in the post and coded it like this:

Format statement:

fmt 5 oper_num #Used for NXX / NSXX restart points (cdm)

Toolchange:

ptlchg #Tool change

pcuttype

toolchng = one

oper_num = t # (cdm)

"N", no_spc, *oper_num, e # (cdm)

Which gives you this in the code:

N01

( T01 )

( 7/32 .2188 ENDMILL )

( ROUGH SLOTS )

( .005 XYZ STOCK PER SURFACE )