Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

XML Tag - Number of characters limitation in ActiveReports?

Is there a limit to the number of characters that an xml tag can contain after generating the xml from a setup sheet. In the stand alone tool manager, I enter a long description for the tool holder name and had planned to extract what I need from the "HOLDER-NAME" tag but when I look at the xml output, it cuts off some of the characters that I entered in the name field of the tool holder. Is there any way around this?

Thanks, JCDFCM

WHen you say you look at the XML output are you referring to the raw XML or via the report? If you open the XML in notepad or something is that tag value truncated?

Is there a limit to the number of characters that an xml tag can contain after generating the xml from a setup sheet. In the stand alone tool manager, I enter a long description for the tool holder name and had planned to extract what I need from the "HOLDER-NAME" tag but when I look at the xml output, it cuts off some of the characters that I entered in the name field of the tool holder. Is there any way around this?

Thanks, JCDFCM

the string is:     BT40 - SEALED PRECISION COLLET CHUCK 3.54 GL - LYNDEX - VC13-90

the XML result:      <HOLDER-NAME>BT40 - SEALED PRECISION COLLET CHUCK 3</HOLDER-NAME>

38 characters including white spaces.

My intent is to create a holder in the stand alone tool manager and input a long descriptive name

that I can apply string functions in the scripting of ActiveReports to extract what I need in the report. After I run a report,

is shows exactly what is in the raw XML.

Thanks, JCDFCM

Thanks, looking into it and should have a response by the end of today.

Edit. Actually, can you try something for me, edit your string to NOT include the period after the 3, looks like something odd might be going on with that, try "BT40 - SEALED PRECISION COLLET CHUCK 3_54 GL - LYNDEX - VC13-90" for example.

Edited by Mick from CNC Software Inc.