Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X9 Mill Advanced book

Scott Lent

Greetings,

I purchased the X9 Mill Advanced eCourse last year shortly before we upgraded to Mastercam X9 Mill Advanced.

I have a May 15, 2015 bound hardcopy, and although I did not realize it at the time, the interface shown in the book appears to be from a previous version. We upgraded from X7 Mill Basic right to X9 Mill Advanced, so I'm guessing the interface depicted in the book is X8. I'd completed the course before we received our X9 upgrade so I didn't know any different at the time.

There have been some instances where I've had difficulty translating the information in the book to the software when troubleshooting.

I'm wondering if there has been an update to this book, and if so, can I receive if without having to purchase it again.

Thanks,

Scott Lent

Hello Scott,

I just want to make sure I understand the issue correctly. Are you saying you have the X9 Mill Advanced eCourse (under a different account I'm guessing, I can only find X7 and X8 Mill level 3 eCourses under this one) and the X9 Mill Advanced Training Tutorial in printed form. The contents of the X9 Mill Advanced printed book differ from the X9 Mill Advanced eCourse?

Hi Daniel,

Now that you've refreshed my memory, I now remember that I did not buy the X9 Mill Advanced eCourse. I had purchased and completed the X8 Mill advanced eCourse and shortly thereafter, my company upgraded my seat from X7 Mill to X9 Mill Advanced. I'd ordered only the spiral-bound X9 Mill Advanced Book to have as a reference.

But my question remains the same. The interface depicted in the X9 Mill Advanced book is different from the interface of my X9 Mill Advanced Software.

Hello Scott,

Would you be able to send me some screenshots of your software highlighting these difference?

One more question, are you using the Mastercam Home Learning Edition/Demo Software when you go through the books or are you using it on your own licensed seat(s) of Mastercam? Could there have been any changes to the default configuration? Finally, which operating system are you running?

Daniel, I'd be happy to send you some screenshots if you provide me with an email address. Case in point, last night I was looking in my X9 Mill Advanced Tutorial while troubleshooting a pencil toolpath, and the interface shown in the book was quite different from my licensed seat of Mastercam's interface.

To answer your second question, I would have been using the X8 HLE software when taking the X8 Mill advanced eCourse, as my Mastercam seat was only X7 Mill at the time. We upgraded to X9 Mill Advanced as soon as X9 was released.

As far as I know, my seat of Mastercam X9 is the default configuration and we are using Windows 7 Professional.

I will not be able to send screenshots until tomorrow evening.

Thanks.

Hi Daniel,

I just realized that I've been accessing the pencil tooltpath through 'Toolpaths > Surface High Speed > Pencil'

as opposed to

'Toolpaths > Surface Finish > Pencil'

When I do it that way, the interface matches the Tutorial interface. That would also explain how some of the other finishing toolpaths I've used have appeared different in the interface.

Thanks!