Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Redundant B moves with drill cycle

I've made posts that work for most of the mills in the shop (all 3+2), but I'm having issues with a post for an old BMC 63 (tosnuc 800 control)... someday, I'll be knowledgable enough with this stuff that I can give back to the forum, but so far you guys have beat me to every newbie question that I could answer.  :harhar:

Anyway, here's what I'm having an issue with...

B axis needs to be posted in signed absolute mode, but when using a canned drill cycle, it posts out a B90 when it's already at 90 (on that control, it will make the pallet rotate 360 back to where it already was, which will rip the cables out or worse, depending on where it is). It does not do this when it's in not in signed absolute mode though. What am I overlooking? I know it has to be something stupid that I'm just not seeing.  :question:

(Edit - Does not post the redundant B moves for contours or any other toolpath I tried, only with drill cycles.)