Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help getting Stock Position

I have what seems to be an out dated X3 post reference from somewhere on line. I have X9, and I am trying to get the stock position. In the X3 reference, it lists the stock portion I am looking for as

"prmcode$ = 17435"

it seems 17435 is no longer used for stock? In my X3 post, I was able to use the line

"if prmcode$ = 17435, stock_out = rpar(sparameter$,1)" under the pmachineinfo$ function.

This doesnt work anymore in in X9.

Can anyone lend a hand?

What stock position would you like to get? lathe or mill?

From MP documentation:

17435 parameter is 'Grip reference point Z of chuckjaw_component_type' in lathe. It should be the same in X3.

If you can't read it (with pmachineinfo$ postblock), perhaps you need to add this:

rd_mch_ent_no$ = -1 # Switch to read entire machine definition file
           rd_md$              # Trigger to read parameters calling postblock pmachineinfo$ 

If you need another parameter i'll need more details (what is the mastercam field to read)

This is what I am looking for. It worked for me in X3 but doesnt work in X9. I will add what you suggested and see if I can get it to work.

By chance, where can I opbtain this MP documentation?

Contact your reseller, there is an MP Suite available