Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tracking down redundant feedrate output

Hi, I am using the mplmaster post for x9.

Simple tool path using g112  and IPR  enabled.

This is a bottom Turret - Right Spindle tool

G3 X.1395 C.9323 R.1975
X0. C.9348 R.9349
G1 Z-.1 F.0267
G1 X-.75 C-.9348 F.0267
F.0267
Z0.
Z.065 F.0056
X0. F.004

This is a sample from the output. I know it doesn't effect how it runs, but I just wanted to clean it up a bit.

You will notice the feedrate on the first retract is set at F.0267 IPR, and then again its output again on the next line, and then yet again on its own empty line.

I was trying to trace it, but I still need to learn much more on post modification.

I didnt see a *feed anywhere. I thought maybe it was being forced.

I only seen a `feed, which when I read what the MP Doc said about the `, which says

A numeric variable prefixed with the grave accent character ( ` ),
which will be output only if there is other output on the current line of
NC code.

Well the one has no other output on it, so not sure why its outputting anything.

Anyone want to lend a hand on suppressing these unneeded feedrate outputs?

Hi,

It seems you send it all (including machine/control def+post) but i really don't know what's wrong because I can't get your exact output... As i post, i even get .pst errors about Y-axis motions and instead of C address i get A addresses in nc output...So i'm sorry but i can't really help.

However, i looked for with what i have and in my output, only feed redundant problem i can see is between operations as G0 is converted to G1 with feed=maxfeedpm and there is 'result = force(feed,feed)' which will force feed output next time it will be called (this is in pcom_moveb postblock).

Sorry, yes sorry, my original post shows C address output. I did make some tweaks to the original mplmaster for a few other things, and so to test to make sure "I" didn't butcher something, I used the stock mplmaster post which still has the "A" address output. 

The feed rate issue is the same in both cases though.

The Y-Axis error i also get. The bottom turret of my machine does not have a y-axis, but the top turret does. I just click ok and it continues on.

Anyways, thanks for the tip on the result=force(feed,feed), I will look into that and see what I can modify.