Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe tool offset changes

mike_f

hi guys, maybe someone with some exp. using MC lathe can help me with this. I have existing programs and I need to change the tool numbers. I program (usually) using the same offset # and tool # ex: T0101. If i go into op. mngr. / param., and change my tool parameters to tool 5, o/s 5, station 5 for instance and choose O.K. ((I get a msg.:changing tool will update your operations) if same tool is used for more than (1) op.)). I choose O.K. because that is what I want. back in op. mng. next to my tool icon it shows T0501, the tool# changed the o/s # did not, for all applicable ops. If I post the code the op. I actually changed the param. for posts correctly, T0505 even though in op. mng. it shows T0501. The other related ops. that show T0501 will post out a new tool change for T0101 unless I go into each one and change the tool param. If I do that,they still show T0501 in the op. mng. but post T0505. The only way I can change them all is to go into the tool library (right click on the tool) and cahnge it there but then MC resets all my defaults (comp. dir.,finish dir.,tool feedrate) that I had set for the operation. Does anyone know why the offset # doesn't change on the op. mng. pg.? or why all my ops. using the same tool don't seem to update, even though it shows that it does on the op. mng. pg.? sorry about the length of this post but I'm confused. confused.gif thanks for your thoughts.

mike.

CNCGUY, I owe you one cheers.gif . you wouldn't believe how much time I spent this a.m. trying to figure this out, redface.gif I just knew it coulnd't possibly be as difficult as it was turning out. I did try double clicking the icon but I got what looked to be the same page as if I right clicked the tool in the tool param. page. when i changed it from there it reset all my tool settings, but when I change it from where you suggested it only changes what I need. very cool, Thank you again cheers.gif

mike