Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post modification question

Rick46

I have a small section of code in my post that I would like to be at the begining of my programinstead of about 5 lines down in to it... its the code that denotes the tool nuber, offset, etc... if its 5 lines down I cannot see it in my controller under my program when I select which one I want to use... my question is in this following code where does it end at

example 1

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

ptoolcomment

comment

or example 2

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

ptoolcomment

comment

pcan

and also does the pcom_moveb part of this code need to be included or can I exclude it as well... I just want to make sure I move every thing that needs to be moved and not just part of it or to much of it ... thanks.....

[ 01-13-2004, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: sr_7626@natl ]

1) You don't need to move the pcom_moveb line

2) pcan only outputs something when you are using canned text; in this case, canned text 'before'. I've never found canned text to be particularly useful so I don't use it; as a result I don't care where that line is. If you use canned text you'll want to move the pcan line to where you like the output; otherwise just leave it.

3) I typically don't 'move' any postlines; I suggest commenting the existing lines with the pound # sign and copying them to where you want, this way you'll know where they were originally if you want to revert to the 'standard'

C