Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Training

KLP1190

Good morning fellow emastercam-ers,

I had a quick-ish question for you all. Has anyone here taken the ecourses offered thru this site? I am considering taking them but I wanted to ask here if anyone found any real value in them after having taken them. I just started a new job as a CNC Programmer and my mastercam is not up to snuff. I have used mastercam before in the shop, but it has always been for pretty simple 2D milling. Once or twice using positional 4th axis. Nothing too complicated. The new company I work for does primarily 3D Surface milling for 5-Axis and 4-Axis machines. Would I benefit from taking all of the milling ecourses or would my time and money be better spent elsewhere? If so, where is elsewhere?

Thanks everyone and Happy Friday!

The IHS stuff is very good..

the larger question is by your own admittance you state it's been a long time and only having done 2D......I would suggest a reseller training class instead....

Hopefully you were up front with the company that hired you about your skill level and if you were, you may find them willing to foot such bill....

If you were not, it could be a short stint   

I was. No point in lying about something they will inevitably find out. 

That's what set me on this journey to find training. They are willing to foot the bill. They want me to fond what I think would be the most beneficial option and send them the bill. I have taken Mastercam in college, but it was a couple years ago. I was planning on taking all 3 of the milling courses offered starting with the beginner as a refresher then working up from there.

I agree with Jparis regarding mastercam reseller training.

My company switched resellers and I believe it was a good switch because they have people available who are willing to show us a thing or 20 about mastercam which most of us might not know and it was good.

I would get in touch with your reseller to find out what they offer regarding training.

Before I started working with rotary axis programming in X9, everything we did prior to X6 was typed in by hand - the axis code that is... for just simple point to point rotations. I never liked doing it till I made a mistake in manual inputting the code and that was when I decided that the old way of doing these things needed to stop.  Good thing that.