Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Win2000, MC8.1.1 Mill and Lotsa Crashes

Hotshot

HI

Does anyone else have this problem: Whenever I open a file, close it. open another one, then close that one to open the original, MC8.1 (8.1.1 as of 5/4) crashes EVERY time. I have a P3 700-256MB ram, and an Nvidia 32 Meg Vid Card running Win2K.

There is no other software installed on this brand new system. The Memory allocation was bumped up quite a bit, but It still happens in the above situation, EVERY TIME.

HELP

John Soangler

Hotshot Performance, Inc.

[email protected]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

John,

First, make sure you have the most current drivers available for your card.

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/products.nsf/htmlmedia/detonator3.html to check.

You MAY want to try adjusting your display settings if you have the most current drivers. Do this by "right clicking" on your desktop, click properties. Go to the "settings " tab, click on the "Advanced" button then go to troubleshooting. Try sliding it one setting at a time. If it still does this give me a call and I'll help you out.

------------------

James Meyette

If you haven't done so already, make sure that you have applied the Windows 2000 Service Pack (SP1). You can download it from the following URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downl...sp1/default.asp

We had a number of general issues with Win2K (not only MC) and the Service Pack smoothed things out.

------------------

Brad McIntosh

CNC Automation