Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas UMC + Probing + DWO

Good morning all. Here's what I'm trying to accomplish but not sure how to achieve it;

1. Casting in a fixture on the table. Datum is a point on the fixture, but the part isn't located precisely.

2. Rotate B-8.5° and probe X+ side of part, adjust the non-rotated 'X' offset accordingly. (red dot on image)

3. Rotate B90° C270° and probe 2 points in 'Z', one of which is supposed to be .675" lower than the other in this view. Use this data to adjust the 'C' offset to reflect how the part is actually sitting. (accessed thru 1/2" holes in fixture, see image).

nPBMSHY.png

Any and all replies are appreciated!

If anyone wants to double check my process I'd appreciate it. I'm leaving out clearance/protected positioning moves to make it easier to read.

SET G55 TO MATCH G54
MOVE TO G54 X-2. Y-9. Z3.1 B90. C270.(NOT SURE IF I SHOULD USE DWO HERE, WILL JUST TRY BOTH WAYS SEE WHAT NUMBER LOOKS RIGHT)
G65P9811 Z.612 (PROBE BUTTON IN LH BORE OF FIXTURE IN PICTURE VIEW)
#10201 = #10187 (SET A VARIABLE TO THE Z POSITION OF BUTTON)
MOVE TO G54 X-2.5Y10.0Z3.1 B90. C270.
G65P9811 Z1.287 (PROBE BUTTON IN RH BORE OF FIXTURE IN PICTURE VIEW)
#10202 = #10187 (SET ANOTHER VARIABLE TO THE Z POSITION OF BUTTON)

#10203 = ATAN[[.675-[#10202-#10201]]/19.1303
#5246 = #10203 (SET G55 "C" AXIS SO PART IS ROTATED STRAIGHT)

.675" is what the difference in "Y" is between the buttons, 19.1303" is the distance between them, both as viewed in picture. Again, I'm not sure whether or not I should be utilizing dynamic work offsets when probing, but I assume the numbers will be far enough off to know when it's wrong.

MOVE TO G55 X11.5 Y-1.8 Z1.5 B-8.4599 C0(NOT SURE IF I SHOULD USE DWO HERE, WILL JUST TRY BOTH WAYS SEE WHAT NUMBER LOOKS RIGHT)
G65P9811 X11.0 (PROBE BUTTON ON RH SIDE OF PART IN PICTURE VIEW)
#10204 = #10185 (SET A VARIABLE TO THE X POSITION OF BUTTON)

#10205 = [#10204 - 11.0]*COS[8.4599]
#5241 = #10205 (SET G55 "X" AXIS SO PART IS SHIFTED INTO POSITION)

This should put the "X" offset into the correct spot on the part.

MOVE TO G55 X-2.75 Y0 Z9.5 B90. C0(NOT SURE IF I SHOULD USE DWO HERE, WILL JUST TRY BOTH WAYS SEE WHAT NUMBER LOOKS RIGHT)
G65P9812 Y2.010 S2(PROBE CENTER OF LEGS ON RH SIDE OF PART IN PICTURE VIEW AND SET G55 "Y")

I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether or not I need to track the difference between center of rotation and fixture offset when doing my calculations, but after visualizing it I think it doesn't matter, mainly because I'm not trying to do any compound rotations.