Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Opinions please concerning MC updates and releases

sir Camalot

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their opinions, experience, insight and knowledge on how you deal with MC Releases and updates? I like new things as much as the next person but I assume that depending on your circumstances, their is some risk to just updating to the next release or update. We currently don't have a process or procedure to allow an update to happen so I am interested in everyone's process or procedures used to validate the next big release and what aspects you might use to validate the need to update. How far behind do you get before making the change or at what point do you just say update regardless of the outcome? I would also think this becomes a bigger issue the more seats you have? Is there one person who decides or do you have a group that is allowed to decide? As far as sharing goes, I typically will run the old and new side by side until I am comfortable that the new is working at least as well as the old. I also validate posts and setup sheet output to make sure all works well. In the past I was the one who made the decision but it is now outside of my control. I think I will be tasked to create a work instruction or procedure in the near future, so I am trying to glean as much information that I can and perhaps hear both sides of the issue If anyone would care to share their experience, insight and knowledge, I am listening. Thank in advance!