Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

threading cycle not able to rerun with same z start=cross threaded

so im currently doing a copper part...which is less then fun and i have a 12tpi thread that i cut the major, threaded with 16 passes, re ran a o.d. profile to cut all burrs pushed up and wanted to run the thread cycle  again but with jus one pass at full depth, but when i put in jus 1 pass and post the process.. the threading Z start is different the second time around. .. i tested with the lead in angle and with 0 its fine... with 29.0 its a differnt Z ... correction 3 times ive done this til i realized what was goin on, i thought it was the spindle rpm playing a factor...nope...oops... i did have the program working the way i wanted by editing at the controller the z depth but i want it to post out correctly and do i need to input the thread lead angle? ive ran threads before that didnt have the info and seemed to work fine in the past with programming using notepad (lol stone age status but hey it worked...pretty darn well i might add ) this is a brand new okuma genos l2000-e btw, any input would be appreciated