Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Double click bug...or is it me?

Panda_Guy

I recently migrated to a new PC at work. I run X6 MU1 (64 bit)in Win 7. My previous box was XP pro. On the new box, when I double click in a numeric field, the digits and decimal point are selected, but if present the minus sign is not.

As an example, if adrill depth is -.5 and I want to change it to -.6, and I double click that field and type in -.6, it becomes --.6 which of course is .6! It may seem like a small thing, but that has been my SOP for many years and I am getting too old to have to pay that close of attention to something that routine.

I searched through the settings looking for a box to check/uncheck, but came up empty. At first I thought it was a Windows thing, but it only happens in Mastercam. Another programmer with Win 7 has the same issue, but it was his habit to drag to cursor to select.

Anybody else out there seen this and found a fix?

No bug, it's a Win7 thing

Thanks, John, but why do I only see it in Mastercam? Other apps, such as Cimco editor, seem to work fine.

By the way, Excel does this in both OS.

Does anyone know a fix within Win7 or does this mean I have to start paying attention?