Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Card reader error

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mori-Seiki SL-300

The control is either a 16i or an 18i.

I switched to Ch4, and when I press the CARD softkey, I get the memory card error 1010. Does anyone know what this means? or how to fix it?

That alarm is not in any FANUC manuals I have. Perhaps it's a Mori Alarm???

Tried 2gb and a 256k card.

Thanks.

There could be a 128MB card limit on that control IIRC. That's a mid/late 90's machine right?

Card reads fine on the computer.

On the control, there is no I/O softkey, and I think that is where the Format option is.

Ok... big time secret here so proceed at your own risk, and don't f**k around with anything else. I'm not kidding.

Shut the control off like normal. Pres the two right soft keys (the far right being the right arrow soft key). WHil holding those two buttons, power the control up. You'll see it partially go through boot up. Keep holding until you see a menu. NOw eiother use the arrow buttons, to go down to a selection where you might see SRAM in the selection. If you don;t see that, it's usually one of the last selections. Enter that menu. You shoudl see a Card FOrmat Option in there. If you don;t see it there, selecet end and it will back up to the main menu. Look through the other menus until you find it. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to load anything, and I mean ANYTHING form the card into the machine. Once you're done, select end from the main menu. THe machien shoudl boot up as normal now. Do this at your own risk. I am responsible for nothing.

HTH

Jeff, I reccenntly went through a tonne of probs with card read errors. Followed all CNC Appsguy's steps to the T and still nothing. I finally figured out the problem. I could insert the CF into my computer I could see what is on the card I could edit open close and save but when I went to the control nothing. Now if I loaded the program from my laptop no problems. For some reason my control didnt like programs that were loaded from my desktop but that same program copied and pasted to a usb then copy and pasted from my laptop to my CF I have chips hitting the floor. Try loading your CF from a different CF reader. This is a bit of a shot in the dark but after pulling my hair out for about a week I finally tried this and voila it worked.

Guest SAIPEM

Mori-Seiki SL-300

The control is either a 16i or an 18i.

I switched to Ch4, and when I press the CARD softkey, I get the memory card error 1010

Does anyone know what this means? or how to fix it?

Tried 2gb and a 256k card.

Thanks.

I've seen this time and time again.

When you go to "Change Device", there will actually be 2 softkeys for a Card.

Try the one that doesn't give you an error.

Keep in mind that the cards should be formatted as FAT and Not FAT32 or NTFS.

That alarm is not in any FANUC manuals I have. Perhaps it's a Mori Alarm???

There could be a 128MB card limit on that control IIRC. That's a mid/late 90's machine right?

Ok... big time secret here so proceed at your own risk, and don't f**k around with anything else. I'm not kidding.

Shut the control off like normal. Pres the two right soft keys (the far right being the right arrow soft key). WHil holding those two buttons, power the control up. You'll see it partially go through boot up. Keep holding until you see a menu. NOw eiother use the arrow buttons, to go down to a selection where you might see SRAM in the selection. If you don;t see that, it's usually one of the last selections. Enter that menu. You shoudl see a Card FOrmat Option in there. If you don;t see it there, selecet end and it will back up to the main menu. Look through the other menus until you find it. Whatever you do, DO NOT try to load anything, and I mean ANYTHING form the card into the machine. Once you're done, select end from the main menu. THe machien shoudl boot up as normal now. Do this at your own risk. I am responsible for nothing.

HTH

Thanks James,

I guess we have a service guy coming out to look at it, since there are other issues as well.

Yes this machine is mid 90's.

Jeff, I reccenntly went through a tonne of probs with card read errors. Followed all CNC Appsguy's steps to the T and still nothing. I finally figured out the problem. I could insert the CF into my computer I could see what is on the card I could edit open close and save but when I went to the control nothing. Now if I loaded the program from my laptop no problems. For some reason my control didnt like programs that were loaded from my desktop but that same program copied and pasted to a usb then copy and pasted from my laptop to my CF I have chips hitting the floor. Try loading your CF from a different CF reader. This is a bit of a shot in the dark but after pulling my hair out for about a week I finally tried this and voila it worked.

That is strange, what does that matter? Weird.

Unfortunately we don't have a laptop here.

I've seen this time and time again.

When you go to "Change Device", there will actually be 2 softkeys for a Card.

Try the one that doesn't give you an error.

Keep in mind that the cards should be formatted as FAT and Not FAT32 or NTFS.

Thanks Saipem, when I get more cards in I will check the format of those, hopefully when the service guy gets here he can get it up and running.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened with this ? Just curious as I had a similar experience and went through all the formatting including App Guy's controller formatting and nothing worked. I ended up relacing the card reader at the controller. I wouldn't think that would be your case on 2 different machines though.