Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam terminology.

fourteener

I'm really "wet behind the ears" using Mastercam. I purchased a hardcopy textbook called "MILL ESSENTIALS" tutorial

and started to slog my way thru the 1st. exercise. What I found to be problematic is that even though this info. is supposed

to be at the most basic level, I keep encountering terminology I don't know and which is not defined.

examples:  Tplane; Cplane; translate; etc.

My question is:  Is there a source (Mastercam Dictionary) where individual items (terminology) are defined.

Help menus seem to just reuse a particular term in relation to others or other processes but still don' define the term itself.

If you do a search in the help menu in mastercam, you should be able to get and understanding of the different terms used in you tranning manual. This all depends on you level of reading comprehension though. Also you can do a search on google and you will usually get the answer doing that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really "wet behind the ears" using Mastercam. I purchased a hardcopy textbook called "MILL ESSENTIALS" tutorial

and started to slog my way thru the 1st. exercise. What I found to be problematic is that even though this info. is supposed

to be at the most basic level, I keep encountering terminology I don't know and which is not defined.

examples:  Tplane; Cplane; translate; etc.

My question is:  Is there a source (Mastercam Dictionary) where individual items (terminology) are defined.

Help menus seem to just reuse a particular term in relation to others or other processes but still don' define the term itself.

TRY HELP TOP RIGHT