Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Debug feature

Its still there, in your start menu .. go to mastercam then utilities then advanced configuration - then under post support make sure that Post Debugger is set to Enabled

Then when you go to post you just need to hit the debug button to go into debugging mode ..

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would guess your probably out of luck.. According to this link from Mastercam's blog.. X5 wasn't even supported on Windows 8 .. guessing Windows 10 is really a stretch.. its surprising it runs at all really and you probably are going to have to be happy with whatever you get..

I don't have windows 10 so I can't test it on a separate system.. but if someone does maybe they could test to verify its not just you..

Ok so looked into this a little..  FIRST OFF -- if this screws up your system in any way .. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE... THE FOLLOWING ASSUMES YOU HAVE SOME CLUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND ARE COMFORTABLE MODIFYING REGISTRY ENTRIES - IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS THEN DONT DO IT  -- YOU CAN SCREW UP YOUR COMPUTER IF YOU MESS UP!!!

If you are brave enough to continue.. BACK UP YOUR REGISTRY!!!! BEFORE PROCEEDING!!

Ok so now.. sorry for all the shouting but I really don't want to be yelled at later for trying to help someone..

From what I found, the following key is created in your registry when you run the applet .. and enable post debugging..

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X5\Post Debugger\Settings] "Enable Post Debugger"=dword:00000001

This makes me think .. although I'm not able to test it ..  that if you were to create this key manually.. (after first backing up your registry of course) that you could manually enable post debugging..

You would have to run regedit then browse to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam X5\

then edit and 'new key'  Post Debugger

then edit and 'new key'  Settings

then new DWORD

then rename that DWORD to Enable Post Debugger

then finally right click on it and modify its value to 1

I believe that should enable the post debugging option.. even without having the applet able to run..

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

For some reason, in 2017, the debugger refused to be enabled through the advanced configuration.   I opened the registry and found the key was missing for 2017 but was present for X9 (where the debugger has worked all along).  I added the missing key as described, and voila, the debugger is now enabled. 

Very helpful.  Thanks, Dave