Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

what happened here

milehighxr

Mastercam 2021 update 2, was working with a file and got an error message to relating to the machine definition, or some such(didn't screen shot it). Accepted the green otion, and closed it out, and rebooted the pc. Go to open the file, and get this:

1150928798_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.ff145e8f9047dafa3fa8fd716f31226e.png

Lost all my tool paths. It will only take me an hour I think to recover, but it's the principle of the matter. I've never had in issue like this with Mastercam in 22yrs of using it. Guess I start using the auto save backup feature now, and see how well that works...

4 minutes ago, milehighxr said:

Mastercam 2021 update 2, was working with a file and got an error message to relating to the machine definition, or some such(didn't screen shot it). Accepted the green otion, and closed it out, and rebooted the pc. Go to open the file, and get this:

1150928798_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.ff145e8f9047dafa3fa8fd716f31226e.png

Lost all my tool paths. It will only take me an hour I think to recover, but it's the principle of the matter. I've never had in issue like this with Mastercam in 22yrs of using it. Guess I start using the auto save backup feature now, and see how well that works...

I'm seeing the same thing here Update 2, I had the issue with toolpath nesting when changing the sheet.

Send it to Qc<AT>Mastercam<DOT><COM> if you have the steps to reproduce it please.

Thanks,

Peter

Ps.

If you reload the file yiur toolpaths may still be there.

Looks like importing geometry from an older file caused the issue, when I resaved the imported sheets in Mastercam 2021 Update 2 the issue went away, this may be your issue as well, were you importing geometry/operations from an older file?

There were changes to the note entity class in the Mastercam Sdk for update 2, due to a bug in the memory items list.

Mastercan addeessed this issue in update 2, it appears to be resolved, however it also appears that this causes incompatibility with earlier versions.

I've seen a report of this too - the user has 2021 Update 2 but was not using Nesting; they were deleting wireframe and moving solids around at the time.  Looking through the files' properties, there are references that go all the way back to Mcam X7 so perhaps there is some compatibility issues with legacy files (obviously it might be something else - just speculation on my part).

3 minutes ago, Rich Thomas 4D Engineering said:

there is some compatibility issues with legacy files

Yes, there definetly is a compatibility issue.

4 minutes ago, Rich Thomas 4D Engineering said:

the user has 2021 Update 2 but was not using Nesting; t

Yes, even importing the geometry used in the "sheet" caused the same errors. This is not directly related to nesting, but it has a crippling affect on the operation if you try to import a sheet template from inside the operation

I would recommend a full system migration.

Re Saving the files fixed it for me.

File I imported only had geometry.

My reseller got the file fixed so I could at least not lose the geometry. Unfortunately, it cost me 40min ish of rewriting toolpaths, plus 20min waiting on him.

His fix was to:

1 open Mcam

2 load any random machine def

3 load my file

Then I could write toolpaths again. He's sending my original file into CNC to see if they can figure something out.