Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

save nci?

Diablo God

I notice this on large files. Say I refit the screen after zooming in. Sometimes the refit takes extra long to process and refit. But I dont think it is the redrawing of the graphics.

It even says sometimes on the bottom save:

then it will come up saving nci.

I have all nci files saved to the local computer to speed that up. But is their a way to turn off saving nci? Or something so it is not trying to save and stop my machine so much.

Jim

Hit ALT-A and check your autosave settings. On big files you will notice it much more, so I set it to 30 min or off.

If you've got a dialog open, or are idle in some process for a while, when you return it will autosave, thus the 'Savin NCI file...' message.

'Rekd

To me the save-time for autosave is definitely worth it. Minbe will run for 20+ seconds sometimes, but if I am 'in the zone', it is really a PITA if the system crashes and I have to go back and replicate everything I have done for the last 15 or 20 minutes.

So the deciding factor becomes, can you wait that extra few seconds to cover your butt with autosave or does it not make that much difference for you to go back and redo work you have already done.

From this end, it's worth it.

jbel, this is completely true, which is why I use my quick save script and my archiver script in conjunction with autosave. Especially for big files when I finish or am ready to start a large operation or or something... wink.gif

'Rekd teh thrice bitten twice shy eek.gif