Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

adding spindle direction to tapping cycle

Greetings All,

I'm trying to add spindle direction to the tapping cycle. On my machine, axial and radial live tools spin in opposite directions. If you don't put the spindle direction on the same line as the canned cycle, it defaults to CW. Everything I've tried so far hasn't worked

N1 T1010
G53.5 Z#501
G19 G98
M200
M212
G0 C0.
G0 X2.7047 Y0. Z-.0984 M08
G97 S500 M204
G88.2 X1.5163 R-.15 F.0157 M210 M204 <---- M204 is CCW but radial tools spin CCW
G80
G0 X2.7047
M09
M212
G0 X5. Y0. Z5. C0.
M205
G30 U0. V0.
M30

Doug sorry, but need a lot more to go on here. What did you changed in the post and where did you change it for starters? Your wording is confusing to me.

M204 <---- M204 is CCW but radial tools spin CCW

You are getting M204 which should be CCW for living tooling but do or don't want M204 for CCW rotation?

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not getting the M204 (or M203) in the canned cycle, I want to add that. This is the section I'm working in. I added g_spdir, spindle_m after pfclampon  on 2 lines

mtap$          #Canned tap cycle, mill
      pdrlcommonb
      if use_pitch = 1, #Feed/Min mode, feed divided by spindle speed is equal to thread lead, changed from 0 to 1
        [
        if rigid_tap, pbld, n$, *sm29, pfspeed, !g_spdir, spindle_m, e$      #Rigid Tapping    Can use G84/G88 with M29 or just G84.2
        pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, pgdrlout, pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout,
          pindexdrl, prdrlout, dwell$, pffr, pfclampon, g_spdir, spindle_m, strcantext, e$
          #pindexdrl, prdrlout, dwell$, pffr, [if rigid_tap, "P500"], pfclampon, strcantext, e$
        ]
      else, #Feed/Rev mode, feed is equal to thread lead
        [
        if rigid_tap, pbld, n$, pfspeed, g_spdir, spindle_m, e$  #Rigid Tapping an use G84/G88 with M29 or just G84.2 if rigid_tap, pbld, n$, *sm29, pfspeed, !g_spdir, e$
        if metvals, pitch = n_tap_thds$  # Tap pitch (mm  per thread)
        else, pitch = 1/n_tap_thds$       # Tap pitch (inches per thread)
        pcan1, pbld, n$, *sgdrlref, pgdrlout, pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout,
          pindexdrl, prdrlout, dwell$, *pitch, !feed, pfclampon, g_spdir, spindle_m, strcantext, e$
          #pindexdrl, prdrlout, dwell$, *pitch, !feed, [if rigid_tap, "P500"], pfclampon, strcantext, e$
        ]
      pcom_movea