Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

My stupid 5 axis question.

medaq

We currently have 2 5 axis machines. Both are a Matsuura, MX520, and MAM72-35v. I am still a rookie in 5 axis machine, I am competent in programming them. James form the forms, came here through Selway and did an amazing job helping us get moving. Right now, how we are setup, we have one g54 work coordinate. And with the post through camplete. I can do any angle and the post moves the work coordinate around in g68.2 and such.  Very nice to have one work coordinate and make sure complex parts. If the parts needs to move, we can probe it and it will be moved around appropriately in any angle. 

My question is our next machine purchase. I am stuck between 2 machines. Mx330 which would be an easy drop in to our work flow, post would be complete, and our understanding of the equipment would make it seamless to me and our shop. As much as I love Matsuuras, I feel a Brother U500XD1 would be a better machine for the parts we want to setup for this equipment. The brother should make the product line we want much faster. So I am trying to understand how the brother would work. Do I need to now setup a new coordinate for every 5 axis location?  They have g68.2, But if I am understanding right, they are not doing what the Matsuuras are doing by finding center of the rotation. Does anyone know how the brother 5 axis would function? is it possible to use a postability post and have it adjust g68.2 everywhere so we have one coordinate? 

Appreciate any help, my dealer is not being as easy with information.