Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Collision Detection Options won’t “save” – Mastercam 2023

M Ham

I just rolled to Mastercam 2023 and installed all updates up to Update 4. I was at 2021 Update 1. I see the verify collision options has moved from the file/options tab (2021) to a dropdown “collision” button on the verify tab. OK, I got all that.

My question/problem:

I can alter the options by checking/unchecking, Tool vs. Fixture for example, but once I close Mastercam and open it up again, none of these alterations I make to the Collision Detection Options will stay “saved”. I must go back into the Options every time and make the changes I want. How do I get these changes to stay “saved”.

Thank You,

Mike

2021 collision options.jpg

2023 collision options.jpg

47 minutes ago, M Ham said:

How do I get these changes to stay “saved”

Use different software.

Mastercam has, uh, dammit, what's the word I'm looking for...? Oh yeah; dementia.

Or maybe it was Alzheimers. One of those diseases where you forget things. I forget which one it is. :lol: 

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, M Ham said:

I just rolled to Mastercam 2023 and installed all updates up to Update 4. I was at 2021 Update 1. I see the verify collision options has moved from the file/options tab (2021) to a dropdown “collision” button on the verify tab. OK, I got all that.

My question/problem:

I can alter the options by checking/unchecking, Tool vs. Fixture for example, but once I close Mastercam and open it up again, none of these alterations I make to the Collision Detection Options will stay “saved”. I must go back into the Options every time and make the changes I want. How do I get these changes to stay “saved”.

Thank You,

Mike

2021 collision options.jpg

2023 collision options.jpg

You have 2 options here;

1 -  in simulator goto File - Defaults - Save to Defaults

2 - Click on the dropdown tab and click on save to defaults to add to the QAT and then save,

image.png.5ed685ea420e50c1a4a63a879bbfc40c.png

• Thanks 1