Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is there a way to select the order of chains using Model Chamfer?

Accurpress

I'm being nit-picky but I have 3 chains selected for model chamfer and I can't figure out a way to dictate the order in which the chains are machined.  It's not doing it in an efficient manner so I tried moving the loops in the chain manager to the sequence that makes more sense. The chain manager shows one solid chain entity that trees out to 3 loops when expanded.  It lets me move the order of the loops and saves it but doesn't change the actual order when i backplot it.  I tried creating a new model chamfer tool path where I make sure to select the chains in the order I want and it still picks the the order that mastercam sees fit. Finally I created a model chamfer toolpath and only selected one entity.  I then right clicked in chain manager and selected Add.  I selected the two remaining entities and added them to chain manager so that now instead of 1 solid chain with 3 loops under it I now have 1 solid chain with one loop under it and another solid chain with 2 loops under it.  The probelm I run into here is that when I back plot it i only get a toolpath for the first solid entity and it doesn't generate a toolpath for the second solid entity(which has 2 loops within it).  I'm using Mastercam 2022. Am I overlooking where I can change the order or is changing the order not a capability with Model Chamfer?   

There was a forum thread a while back about this, though I think it was on the official forums.

If I remember correctly, the response was that there is no way to change the chain order. Model chamfer automatically chooses the chain order regardless of the order defined in the chain manager. 

• Like 1