Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Carve a Letter M using MasterCam

Maximusss

image.png.a1bf9fdff7a38d2471ae03c3b2941a18.png

Dear all, I am deciding to mill a letter M on a square block in MasterCam. I am using Morph Mill Function to carve the letter M but there are some spaces as you can see which is not being milled. What can I do to resolve this issue? I have attached my MasterCam file with the Milling profile too for correction.yuyu.mcam

We do a LOT of engraving here and we haven't found a single toolpath type that works efficiently AND looks clean.

What we do is use Offset Chains to create center-line geometry to drive the toolpath using a Project toolpath or a 3d Contour toolpath. 

It's a bit more work but the results are what ever we want them to be with no screwing around.

image.thumb.png.5bf827f1ca18dd2819c8542e9ce1f0f4.png

1 hour ago, Maximusss said:

@Jobnt, hi sir, do you mind if you try to implement your method into my mastercam file above and re-send it to me via my email at   [email protected]  ? I am unsure on how to proceed with your method :).

I can't download outside files, sorry. 

Click Offset Chains

Select the chain

Enter

Click inside the chain to select the direction to offset

Set offset distance to just over half your cutter dia.

Use the spin-box to increase the number of times to offset until the middle of the area you want to engrave are filled. 

image.thumb.png.7c1d883bfd084f5c172b069cd584e66f.png

image.png.e37dee009725f0db2d55297fb4d04fc9.png

image.png.2844b9845d4a40dc303e7aedbd4b64d0.png

Then I move the original geometry to another level or color to help with selecting the inside stuff, then drive the toolpath from that.