Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mori seiki

I think the way it usually works is when the Renishaw probing system is installed they also install prebuilt programs. If the machine came with the probing system then there probably should've been some training as well. Then the prebuilt programs could've been installed at the time of the training.

We get the Renishaw probing system installed after the machine is installed. They come in and do training after they finish the installation. The prebuilt programs (as well as manuals) are given to us during training.

23 hours ago, brianU. said:

Should my mill come with a program to calibrate my probe...?

Not necessarily. That being said, the probe installer should have calibrated the probe as part of the normal installation process and to expect that program to be left in the control somewhere would be a reasonable expectation IMHO.

That being said, ALL probe users should familiarize themselves with the Renishaw InspectionPlus manual and it's contents. In there are examples of how to calibrate spindle probes (including basic program examples). When I calibrate a customer's probe, that is what I do (refer to the InspectionPlus manual) if I cannot find any calibration sample programs. Then I leave that clearly named sample in for the customer's future reference.

There are conflicting numbers out there for what the maximum probe tip run-out should be. The number I go with is ±2.5µm (.000098") from Renishaw Manual H-5069-8502-02-A.

HTH

• Like 2