Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

All Levels Off = Still Entities on Screen

Jobnt

Those are likely background entities created and used by drilling toolpaths, among others. They should not be visible normally. Taking certain actions in Unblanking can inadvertently bring them to light, among other things. The later 2023 Updates and 2024 contain fixes to ensure these entities stay hidden. 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Chally72 said:

Those are likely background entities created and used by drilling toolpaths, among others. They should not be visible normally. Taking certain actions in Unblanking can inadvertently bring them to light, among other things. The later 2023 Updates and 2024 contain fixes to ensure these entities stay hidden. 

I created that geometry manually to drive a ball end mill. They're not hidden, just the level is turned off. (Toolpath type is contour, I don't display that because it makes it hard to read the plane comments)

image.png.332808995d9324471d0d98763f14a0b5.png

I rebooted and they're still there. I don't remember blanking anything related to this geometry. Can you go in to more detail about blanking causing issues? 

The level they're assigned to is -25, which is a system level. You will have difficulty removing entities on these levels and if their visibility is on you won't be able to change them. Certain commands in the software will create and blank geometry in the background. An example is surface trimming. Some of this blanked or hidden geometry is intended to be accessible, and some is not. 2023 Updates and 2024 do a better job at making sure you cannot inadvertently make visible some of these things through the course of certain actions like Unblank (though there are other triggers)

As I mentioned, I created these lines manually to drive some toolpaths, they were not created by the system. I can blank them and they blank. Then I can unblank them. They're just normal lines but they aren't hiding. 

The level -25 is me analyzing the entities like you would a chain that was in a hidden level (the - indicates the level is hidden).

I re-created the lines on another level, used them in the toolpath, and deleted the originals.