Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turning-Stock amount

Greetings everyone.

While designing program for lathe machines how do you tell CNC Operator information related with stock.

image.png.c1ec54d8b864dd05070b0cdf01af2623.png

While taking 0 point (G54 or any other) on the part he should know Value of the "Right Margin" for phase one and "Left Margin" for phase two ?

Here is my solution how I am doing it but I want to know if there is any better idea.

So what I did:
post processor will check the name of the saved file O0023(Program Name = 230105-MM-374-F1)  ( in my chase F1 means phase 1 and F2 phase 2)
If file name contains F1, it will print out "Right Margin"  (  |  Stock_at_Right_Side 1.00 mm |  )
If file name contains F2, it will print out "Left Margin"  (  |  Stock_at_Right_Side 3.00 mm |  )
if file name contains F3 , it will set "Right/Left Margin"  to 0 because logically there is no stock left after phase one and phase two
But if there is no key word in the file name it will get only "Right Margin" Value

I am using stock flip option all the time so my stock leftover can be updated all the time

We are using Doosan Puma 5100, 3100 machines(fanuc)

If you have some better solution for the question above it would be nice.

Kind Regards

Ivan.