Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Renishaw Inspection Plus Settings

Has anyone dug into the Renishaw Inspection Plus macros?  Wondering if there's a acceleration / deceleration setting somewhere.  I haven't seen anything in the manual...but could've missed.  Also wrote to Renishaw directly but thought I'd check here too.  Whenever we do protected positioning moves (9810) the machine seems to take off / end with no ramp up/down (feeding at 500).  Rattles the sheet metal!  It'd be nice to move a little more smooth.  The actual measurement routines seem fine, it's the protected positioning that seems a little bang-bang. TIA

Thanks James - Renishaw was able to respond also with similar.  We've been using feed rates on 9810 lines...but it may be too fast.  We did that b/c we're trying to skate all the way across the machining envelope in 9810.  Probably need to use unprotected moves more and limit the 9810 to a smaller envelope and keep the feed speed lower.

Turns out Renishaw doesn't want you to feed too fast in 9810...so they have time to stop if the stylus runs into something...

The machining envelopes I work in 90+% of the time are within a 1m x 1m Envelope... so, typically, I will "fast" position about 5,000mm/min. That seems to keep the sheet metal intact. :rofl:and it's not terribly slow. The reason you DO NOT want Acc/Dec active while probing is because you need the machine in essentially exact stop check mode to get the most accurate positioning measurements.

If I were working on large gantry equipment, I'd probably have graduated feeds so say start out at F2000mm/min for 25mm, F5000mm/min for 25mm, then get up to F15000mm/min, then back down the same when I come close to my final measurement position.

JM2CFWIW