Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hot keys for data fields

I have a question that may have been covered before but I can only find the hotkeys for the main UI.

In the data fields Mastercam has hot keys for extracting data from the graphics screen IE D for diameter. for example of where to use this. if your creating a tool drill for example when inputting the diameter if you put d in the field for the diameter you can select the hole your drilling and Mastercam will extract the diameter off the arc selected.

Z for depth in construction plane. Does anyone know if there is a list for all of these short cuts? The one I am trying to use at the moment is distance between 2 points. say you want to make 2 passes and want to select the distance between an end point and a mid point of a line. This would be handy for the way I machine.

Thanks

#LFG

Look in your Windows Start Menu > scroll down to the "Mastercam" folder, and find the "Quick Reference Card". Lots of shortcuts and handy tips there!

In the "Data Entry Field", instead of typing a letter, Right-Click, and you'll get the full shortcut list.

Also, are you aware you can do "math" in any field with a yellow background? This is a "calculatable value field", and you can not only do simple math, but can use parenthesis as well, to form more complex calculations. For example >  (0.8775/2) * 1.414

• Like 4