Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2023 Mill/Turn question

We have an Okuma LB3000 and I put offsets for the right spindle as (tool location 1 offset 21) (tool location 2 offset 22) etc..

This works fine on mill tool performing a contour or pocketing operation (I just change the diameter offset in the toolpath settings). However when I have a tool that does a drill/tap cycle I can not change the offset because it is greyed out and I have to go into the post and change them by hand.

Is there a setting that can be changed to allow me to change the diameter offset in drilling toolpaths?

The images depict a 1/4 spot drill in a drilling toolpath and a chamfering toolpath.

Screenshot 2024-05-01 163736.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 163647.png

13 hours ago, X_IHS said:

It is all about tool type. No D offset for a drill tooltype it is baked into the software. Use a chamfer mill defined the same as your spot drill and your good.

AB

That doesn't help. The tool definition doesn't change the toolpath type.

3 hours ago, rgrin said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why would you need a diameter offset posted for canned drill cycle?

Not a stupid question. The stupid answer is that normally I wouldn't. However changing the diameter offset is the only way I know to change the offset when it posts.

In the second picture above it would post as T210121 which is what I want. I also need that tool to spot some holes but the drill cycle has the diameter offset greyed out so it posts as T010101 and I have to manually change it.

Backup here.  Is your post configured such that the tool number it outputs is actually derived from the dia. offset number for each operation?  That seems an odd way to handle that...

In my head it should be tool number is what you call during tool change, and then length and dia offset are slaved together since I assume you're storing offset geo as the same number on the machine.

23 hours ago, rgrin said:

Backup here.  Is your post configured such that the tool number it outputs is actually derived from the dia. offset number for each operation?  That seems an odd way to handle that...

In my head it should be tool number is what you call during tool change, and then length and dia offset are slaved together since I assume you're storing offset geo as the same number on the machine.

That's what I'm wondering, if the post can be changed to read the length offset instead of the diameter. Then I should be able to make the change on the fly.