Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anvil Translation

Kevin Hesch

I've got a customer who is having problems translating Anvil files into DXF files (Arc Errors) I'm looking for any kind of third party software that can read a Anvil Native DRW file and spit something out to Mastercam. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm only finding places that offer it as a service. From what I understand about his Anvil package he has NFL, and IGS translators, but getting a DXF file would be preffered.

Kevin,

I have a customer in Waterloo that sends me DXF files from Anvil all the time. I don't seem to have a problem with the translations. Then again, I pull them into (cough) Cadkey, create a solid and then SAT to Mastercam.

Kevin,

Why wouldn't you just have them use the Anvil converter in Mcam? It's in the File-Converters-Next menu as NFL files. No need to use a "middle man" converter. HTH cheers.gif

PS The only reason I know this is there is when I discuss converters in class and always thought it was referring to the National Football League wink.gif until I actually opened the converter to read in one of the files. biggrin.gif